News:

We have a new forums theme. This theme is mobile responsive and SEO compliant. The last one was not.
|CoR| Staff

|CoR| Knight Of Virtue

what is a christian
« on: July 08, 2007, 10:20:18 PM »
as many of you may have noticed the term christian has been watered down a lot through time. so me and my oldest sister have decided to start asking people what is a christian. so i decided to start here.

What do you think it means to be a christian? (please no contradicting others, only post what YOU think and don't try to give answers yet in this post)

after you've answered that question ask yourself what type of christian are you? (don't post this unless you feel moved to)
In Christ
        Michael

Stain.

Re: what is a christian
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 10:25:34 PM »
"be imitators of Christ as dearly loved children" Eph 5:1.    To live a life as close to what Christ did in time with God, spreading the Gospel, and living out your faith in a way that would draw people to Him.

*Christian is a term originated to mean "little christ"*
Evga 680i A1 | e6600 @ (testing oc's) | 7900gs ko | G.Skill 2x2gb 800mhz 4.5.4.15 | antec trio 550w | zalman 9500at | WD se16 250GB | WD 500gb | Seagate 500gb | p180b (modded) (1.25tb)
Just gestimate where the bomb-site is, and hold the action button - R4nger
I dropped my stupid phone in the toilet.... - R4nger
**Eleet computer builder club - Master builder**
Need a PC, send me a pm/email.  I'll build it for ya.
1TB Club | 80gb club
Need someone prank'd?  Hit me up.
crutch - All you gotta do is throw a twinkie on the ground and I'm done.
Anti DB Squad.
I flirt.

|CoR| Gamil

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 11:38:31 PM »
it's not that the term has become watered down, it's that 90%(or more) of the people who call themselves Christians aren't. They don't call themselves Athiests, Muslim, Hindu, etc, so they think they are Christians since they don't fall into any other category. It's an ABUSED and misunderstood term. But I believe that I am one of that small percentage which can call myself a Christian and not be a hypocrite.

Playstation Network ID: Gamil
SWTOR: Server: Shadow Hand Character: Gamil

|CoR| Silver

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 03:04:34 AM »
To be a Christian is to be in a relationship with the one true God.

Christianity isn't just another religion like buddhism, islam, mormonism.. it's a relationship.

So a Christian is a person that TRUELY loves God and follows his word to the dot.

Date Registered:  December 19, 2005, 11:30:11 AM

|CoR| Hippie

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 03:40:46 PM »
A Christian is a follower/disciple of Christ and has dedicated his/her life in service to Christ

FightingFat

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 03:24:13 AM »
A Christian is someone who follows Christ.

"By this will all men know that you are my disciples, that you have love one for another"
"Social justice can never be attained through violence, violence only destroys what it intends to create" ~Pope John Paul II

Crossbearer

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 06:17:04 PM »
what a Christian is.... anyone who goes to church, thinks they're holy, trys to "lead a good life" and probably still really doesn't care.

What a CHristian should be.  A person who attempts to imitate Christ in all ways, seeking always to further His kingdom and follow His will.

|CoR| Gamil

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 09:30:47 PM »
what a Christian is.... anyone who goes to church, thinks they're holy, trys to "lead a good life" and probably still really doesn't care.

that is what society and Satan would have us believe a Christian is.

What a CHristian should be.  A person who attempts to imitate Christ in all ways, seeking always to further His kingdom and follow His will.

that is not what a Christian should be, but what a Christian IS.

Playstation Network ID: Gamil
SWTOR: Server: Shadow Hand Character: Gamil