Jack Chick publications - |CoR| City of Refuge

News:

We have a new forums theme. This theme is mobile responsive and SEO compliant. The last one was not.
|CoR| Staff

Merlin

Re: Jack Chick publications
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2007, 07:32:15 AM »
Deacon people can respond just as well to videos, why not respond back with a video yourself?  It does not undermine anything what is the diffrence between typing what I feel and SPEAKING it on video?  If you really want to enforce these please bring more officers that feel this is not acceptable let them voice it and let them rule on it and I will proceed from there otherwise I feel that personally you DONT like it so you dont want me to use it anymore...please have other officers back up this request, if its not a rule then I am not in violation of anything, rather you just dont like it.

|CoR| Deacon

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2007, 08:34:56 AM »
Deacon people can respond just as well to videos, why not respond back with a video yourself?  It does not undermine anything what is the diffrence between typing what I feel and SPEAKING it on video?  If you really want to enforce these please bring more officers that feel this is not acceptable let them voice it and let them rule on it and I will proceed from there otherwise I feel that personally you DONT like it so you dont want me to use it anymore...please have other officers back up this request, if its not a rule then I am not in violation of anything, rather you just dont like it.

Merlin,

This is not up for debate. In all things the leadership of CoR maintains full accountability among it's Generals and General Council members (of which I am one). In matters of discipline the General Council has made the team Generals responsible for decisions within their teams.

This is not an arbitrary request. In an effort to ensure I was being fair I discussed it with another member of the GC last night. We were in agreement. The use of videos in response undermines the discussions on these boards and shows a lack of respect for the people you are holding discourse with.

I am not repeating myself. If you refuse to honor this request your posting privileges will be removed and the issue will be referred to your general who will decide what disciplinary action will be taken, if any.
In Christ,

Bryan Stiekes

Merlin

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2007, 10:20:43 AM »
The use of videos in response undermines the discussions on these boards and shows a lack of respect for the people you are holding discourse with.
How so?  See what I mean...because I use a video means I have less respect?  This is not farther from the truth I have the same amount of respect because I used a video means I dont have respect anymore??????????

Newman

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2007, 01:47:48 PM »
The use of videos in response undermines the discussions on these boards and shows a lack of respect for the people you are holding discourse with.
How so?  See what I mean...because I use a video means I have less respect?  This is not farther from the truth I have the same amount of respect because I used a video means I dont have respect anymore??????????

Videos are a huge pain - I only watched the first 20 seconds of your first one, and didn't look at anymore because it takes so long to listen to somebody talk versus read, quote, respond.  If you want to respond with videos, use them on the Catholic forums and see how you fare.
I'm looking at you, muwhahaha!!!

|CoR| Deacon

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »
As I said, this is not up for debate. Comply or don't participate in these discussions.

I am not accusing you of disrespect, but rather pointing out that your choice to respond via video undermines the discussions, hampers the ability of other people to respond and participate, and in doing so, shows a lack of respect for this community and the people in it.

If you have the respect for these discussions and the people of this community that you profess to have, and I have no doubt that you do, then please put aside this matter and participate in the discussions in a manner that exhibits the respect you profess.
In Christ,

Bryan Stiekes

Reverend

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2007, 04:41:13 PM »
This thread has morphed well off topic and its useful life is in the rearview mirror, so I'm locking the thread.  If there is a desire to resurrect the topic go ahead in a new thread.