News:

We have a new forums theme. This theme is mobile responsive and SEO compliant. The last one was not.
|CoR| Staff

|CoR| Crutch

Ha, My Catholic debate. Don't worry, its cival. ;-)
« on: August 01, 2007, 02:53:49 PM »
Why does it seem like there are catholic clubs? My wife is Slovic and they have this small town where everyone is weird Slovic. Everyone in it speaks old country Slovic, and they all are Catholic. But not normal catholic. They wear Veils, and have a weird Cross. Like a Cult. Its a cross with Three bars. And this cross is everywhere. Doors, Signs, Churches, everywhere.

My question is, are there Catholic denominations? If so, are there any unrecognized by the majority of the Catholics? Why do they hate people that are not Catholic?

|CoR| teb

Re: Ha, My Catholic debate. Don't worry, its cival. ;-)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 04:16:22 PM »
are they Catholic or Eastern Orthodox?
Quote from: Phooey
you just can't fix stupid.

|CoR| Blackhawk

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 07:00:41 PM »
That would be Eastern Orthodox, similar to the RCC. It was excommunicated from the RCC in 1040 Anno Domini, hence the Orthodox churches.  Please correct me, but I do believe this to be correct.

http://www.answers.com/topic/eastern-orthodoxy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox
http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/denominations/orthodoxy.htm
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth me in the paths of righteousness for his names sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord fore ever." Psalm 23

KRIEG

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 07:27:22 PM »
Thats not a debate!  I wanna see a fight!  FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
Prune Juice.  A warrior's drink.

datank

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 09:14:15 PM »
From what your describing it sounds like it's eastern orthodox...
"There is no real reason for half of the threads created on this forum." - me

|CoR| Teb:
I'm locking this.  There is no real reason for this thread.

|CoR| Crutch

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 11:01:06 AM »
Blackhawk, I got shivers bro. Thats it. Like a broken swastika. That is the cross. So they are a cult then. Excommunicated and evil... Gotta admit, the feeling you get, is one out of a horror movie. SERIOUS. These guys are scary... very very scary.

Dude...

*shutters*

|CoR| Legolas

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 11:19:32 AM »
If they are eastern orthodox then they aren't a cult what.

Eastern Orthodox was the first major split from the Catholic church around 1000 a.d.

While they are a little different, they still are a Christian church.
|CoR| Legolas*GI*     
*STAR* and *PiG* Official Member.

**Eleet computer builder club - 7 Fan Wonder**

Parents need to cowboy up.

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

|CoR| Crutch

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 11:34:01 AM »
If they are eastern orthodox then they aren't a cult what.

Eastern Orthodox was the first major split from the Catholic church around 1000 a.d.

While they are a little different, they still are a Christian church.

EO might not be a cult, but they sure seem like it to me. Cross between Muslim Extremists, Anger Managment drop outs, and Catholics ripped from the 18 century.

|CoR| teb

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 11:57:20 AM »
well i mean they did have to put up with a Communist regime that all but forced them go underground.  give them a break if they seem like they hate everyone :P
Quote from: Phooey
you just can't fix stupid.