News:

We have a new forums theme. This theme is mobile responsive and SEO compliant. The last one was not.
|CoR| Staff

|CoR| Crutch

Banning my son and his behavior.
« on: December 02, 2014, 07:50:21 PM »
My friend Oye brought this to my attention. Cane has been recently making very poor choices.

I opened this up because we hold our selves to higher standards then we do even our guests. My son is a Preteen now and recently has been violating rules we all follow.

After interrogations he admitted to having cussed on NeoGod Server. He said the F word.. That completely embarrasses me and my family. He also being very very skilled at day of defeat has been abusing his ability by trolling people by killing them repeatedly. He jokingly said he used scripts trying to show off, but I assure you he does not. Still claiming to cheat to people who seemingly can't hit him makes him look like not a sore winner, but a cheater. This caused him to be banned from the WAR server.

I have banned him from playing games with out being in the same room as an adult. I chose poorly thinking he would 1) stay on Christian servers, and 2) be mature enough to know that he not only represents CoR but his family.

He last night deleted day of defeat. I told him to reinstall it because I want him attending EVERY CoR Practice. It isn't about avoiding and running from your issues, but correcting them. I wish I could contact both NeoGod and WaR servers and apologize to them personally. I have told the WaR members  that if my son is messing up, breaking rules, etc to contact me.

We in my family are deeply embarrassed and saddened by my sons actions. I apologize for his behavior and assure you that we did not take it lightly. Sometimes it takes a village to raise a kid and all of you are his village. I thank God for all of you and hope that you continue to keep me updated.

If any of you can apologize to WaR or Neogod members on my behalf I would appreciate it. He has emphatically told me he will never do it again.

If he ever embarrasses me like this again, I will smash his laptop in half, asp baton his tablet, and site in my ar15 with his cell phone. I do ask that you do not ban him from CoR. Your influence on young people changes lives and direction.

Thank you and God bless.

Crutch

|CoR| Vette

Re: Banning my son and his behavior.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 12:41:47 PM »
Part of growing up is making mistakes-we were all there, we all made them.  It's what we do after we make those mistakes that sets us apart.  Hang in there, and keep being a strong influence on Cane, he will make better choices. :)

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. "Honor your father and mother" (this is the first commandment with a promise), "that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land." Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
(Ephesians 6:1-4)
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought! My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

|CoR| C

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 04:58:39 PM »
  Cpl Cane has been a long time member and with your guidance will surely grow in the Lord.  I talk to the Neo God people a lot and will convey your thoughts to them.  We will all pray for our brother Cane!  God bless!

|CoR| Crutch

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 09:26:54 AM »
Thank you for your understanding and forgiveness.

|CoR| Oy

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 07:37:36 PM »
Crutch, I'm glad I was able to talk to you, even more glad that Cane has a family that cares enough about him to make tough decisions.  We missed him last night at practice, as we do enjoy having him around.  (Even if he owns me more than I like these days.)  Stay strong, keep Christ the main thing, and we'll keep you in prayer.

Blessings on you and your family and MERRY CHRISTMAS.  (When do we get to see your daughter online?)