News:

We have a new forums theme. This theme is mobile responsive and SEO compliant. The last one was not.
|CoR| Staff

|CoR| Oy

State of the CoR Community.
« on: January 04, 2017, 05:57:09 PM »
Both DoD and the Minecraft server have been turned off. At this point in time there are no CoR servers running, only this forum. Cool Hand Luke has officially resigned as President, but is still an active CoR Member. The future of CoR is in question, so if you have suggestions, concerns, helpful comments, please comment here. If you feel there is a chance of CoR still having a place of ministry in the gaming world, please chime in.

In Christ,
O0 Oy

|CoR| MtnDew

Re: State of the CoR Community.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 09:01:47 PM »
I'm sorry that I haven't been able to help more than I have. And now, with recent events with my wife's amputation, and everything that we will be facing now. Plus, my 2 surgeries at the end of the month, and my Prostate biopsy the middle of next month. It may be a while before I can do anything other then forums. And that may be limited.

I would hope that CoR could continue, but at this point it doesn't seem to hopeful.

Right now, I'm not thinking real clearly, I've been running on "Auto Pilot" for the last 2.5 weeks with few little sleep and not eating regularly. I would trust my judgment at the moment. I'm sorry.

I'll be praying that our Lord will guide you, so that you make the right decision.

I love you all.

Take care and God bless all of you,
MtnDew
"Take the time to read. Jesus took the time to bleed, for our sins." - Parable (1975)

|CoR| Deputy Dawg

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 03:03:03 PM »
I came to CoR because of the great community and atmosphere that it provides, and I think it would be great if we can continue this. We may just need to start from scratch moving forward and consider these points:

1. What games do we play ? There is no use having DoD 1.3 and Minecraft servers, if nobody plays those games. 
2. Find ways to reconnect with our members
3. Consider other times/days of the week for practice. I don't think Monday night is going to work for many people anymore. It would allow us to hold practice more consistently.
4. How do we keep our members involved in clan operations ?
5. What draws people into our server ? Regular Maps, Custom Maps, Plugins ?

|CoR| Oy

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 04:02:16 PM »
I completely agree, the question is how to move forward. Suggestions for games that are played that have customization capable servers?

|CoR| Shadow

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 08:42:22 PM »
One assumption I will throw out on the table for reconsideration, is do we need to stick to games that require a server at this point?  Should we look at competing in games as a clan that do not require us to run our own server.  To get out there and just be, different.  We would still need practice and would want to study scriptures as a clan, but just open up the possible games to consider. 
Just food for thought. 
God Bless.
the elusive Shadow, always there, somewhere....
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  Psalms 91:1

|CoR| Slow Old Man

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 11:16:08 PM »
WoW.
"Some people are like slinkies: They aren't really good for anything, but they sure can bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!"

KI6PHB=Ham Radio

|CoR| Crutch

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 08:16:31 PM »
My son actively plays dod now, and is 90000 times better then I ever was. I remember being one of the top dod players and I am nothing compared to him. Sadly he gets banned often because people assume he hacks, which he doesn't. I say that to say this; I have never removed the CoR tag and I often play with him. Many former CoR members still have loyalty. Not to bring up old burns, but I still wish cTs never went away. I saw the same thing happen at my "cow boy" church where the devil slipped in and destroyed something that was amazing. People got divided, and the church split and died.

I still have tim Vader on my steam friends list as well as many many others.  We need to pray about if this is something where a leader can step up and take charge of. No reason to keep this going if we don't have a leader or direction.

I miss what we had, but after we stopped having Lans 13 years ago, and for me that was very unfortunate. I would drive to another state, play games with kids like Redwing, or Vader and have to drive back that same day. My little boy who would play with me is now grown up and honestly plays this daily on maniac gun game. I would love a server for him to play on, but this would take an organized group effort AND a server.

So lets face it. We have no funds, because we have no active members, we have no leader, so we have no direction. Many of you are like me. You don't really play as much anymore, and if you do it isn't the same old games.

I love to play the forest, GTA, but I REALLY enjoy 7 days to die.

Guys, do you regularly play a certain game that could work for CoR? It doesn't have to be DoD. If someone hosted a 7 days to die dedicated server, I would play on it.

With all of my ramblings said, I have not and have no plans on removing my tag. Every one of you are a positive influence on my son and CoR is the perfect environment that separates the power of Christians from the online perversions of the world. My son used to play on the Neo God server with "C" (former member of CoR) before my son got banned for "hacking".

|CoR| Oy

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 05:37:17 PM »
Does anyone here play ARK Survival?

Underoath

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 06:49:26 AM »
CS:GO is one of the most played games online right now and would be a good way to keep with the current meta of gaming. Overwatch, DOTA 2, LoL, etc would also work well.
I smell an old HKP... and it smells really old.

|CoR| Fisher

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 06:39:04 PM »
I'm Agree with Under, DOd servers is always empty =(

|CoR| Shadow

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 09:20:02 PM »
I guess I will have to take a look at CS:GO.  Did anyone check out Day of Infamy?  If so, thoughts?
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  Psalms 91:1

|CoR| Oy

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 02:36:51 PM »
The biggest issue with Day of Infamy is the language. And, it really doesn't have much of a following.

gearROC

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 08:22:52 PM »
Hi,
I doubt people will remember me.  But I served in cTs/CoR from around 2002-2005 (?), under Corvette, Legolas, in ROC, and iHi; served under the name Gear. CoR was such an important part of my life as a junior high/sr high schooler.  For that, I'm forever grateful.

Now, I'm in seminary at Talbot School of Theology in California, serving as a youth pastor.  I still apply the values from my days in CoR with my youth group (we play OW together).  So, thank you guys for everything.

So yeah, just wanted to see what's been going on.  As I read through this thread, I am encouraged to see that (though the community is smaller), people are in contact with one another.  Blessings! I'm following the progress of this thread. 

|CoR| Deacon

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 11:08:48 AM »
Another voice from the past here. Really happy to see that people still care about this group and the mission.

Have y'all considered pulling together a Destiny 2 Clan? I imagine we could run it similarly to how we had to run the old WoW groups.
In Christ,

Bryan Stiekes

|CoR| Cool_Hand_Luke

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 02:13:00 PM »
Another voice from the past here. Really happy to see that people still care about this group and the mission.

Have y'all considered pulling together a Destiny 2 Clan? I imagine we could run it similarly to how we had to run the old WoW groups.

Destiny 2 sounds awesome. I play Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefront 2 might be a good possibility as well.
Grace & Peace,

Pastor Dade Ronan
|CoR| Pres-Cool_Hand_Luke
Acts 2:38
http://daderonan.com

|CoR| Don'tShootMe

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 05:24:44 AM »
I have not dabbled in the destiny series, but I also play battlefront, and battlefront 2 looks like it was be a great game. I also play Battlefield.

|CoR| Slow Old Man

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 01:15:02 AM »
Hi guys still watching from the side lines. Hope it will keep going.
Good luck If I can be of any help please let me know.
Garry.
"Some people are like slinkies: They aren't really good for anything, but they sure can bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!"

KI6PHB=Ham Radio

|CoR| Xphile

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 05:54:31 PM »
CoD:WWII might appeal to the old DoD crew. Gameplay is very similar.
Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/f9OzdnS

|CoR| Fisher

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 11:05:57 PM »
Arma 3
Cs Go
Paladins
RUST( is great to play together, its build / RAID third person)