News:

We have a new forums theme. This theme is mobile responsive and SEO compliant. The last one was not.
|CoR| Staff

AirCav

AirCav checks in!
« on: February 23, 2012, 05:29:24 PM »
How's it been for yall? Haven't checked in in quite some time and been wondering how all my old [cTs] friends are doing!

A little about my life since I've last checked in...

I joined the US Air Force, been active duty for a year and a half now. Living at Tinker AFB, OK. Love it - best decision I ever made (Besides finding cTs that is! ;D). I work flight line maintenance on E-3 AWACS. Love the location I'm at too - depot for all heavies in the USAF fleet is here so we get to see a wide range of different aircraft, domestic and foreign. Nothing makes you feel more patriotic than watching 4 F-16s take off 2 at a time, side-by-side, or a B1-B taking off with afterburners.

I'm with a girl that I'm going to ask to marry me. We've been dating a little over a year and I believe she's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. Currently, she's living in Texas. She's trying to get her current job to transfer her up here to Oklahoma so we can be together. I'm still thinking of how I'm going to propose to her, so don't ask me quite yet!

I'm also getting quite old, as I'll be turning 22 in March. (Sorry HKP - that might seem young to you! ;) ).

But what has really shaken my faith, and ultimately drove me to come and see how you all were doing, is an event that occurred over the holidays. In the early hours of the morning, December 26, two Airmen in my squadron skidded off a road into an overpass support beam. Both Airmen died on impact. Airmen Spencer and Owens lives had been cut drastically short, and it made me realize that I'm not invincible either. I've had so many good things happen to me over the past two years, that I truly felt that I could have no harm done to me. To lose two brothers in the blink of an eye really made me start to question my life -- in a way that I never have before. I began to think back to the days that I was very religious, back in my [cTs] days and for a few years after. I started questioning why I lost my will to express my spirituality, and what I could do to better get in touch with God. It isn't about getting back into the routine of going church -- I want, no, I need something more than that. That isn't to say that church is a good way to be with God. In my opinion, it feels monotonous. You go through the actions, say the words, then you go home. What more is there? How can I better be in touch with the God I was once so close with? In my job, where I will be deployed one day and supporting a mission that will result in deaths of human beings, will I even be able to be accepted into the kingdom of heaven when my time is up? These are the questions that I have been unable to answer. Hopefully someone here will be able to shed some insight for an old member.

Please excuse the wall of text - once I start typing I don't stop!

Anyways, I'm very glad to get in touch with you guys again. I'm also just as glad to see CoR is still alive and kicking. I knew the cTs/CoR community would last, as it is such a strong and tight-knit community of genuinely good people. Hope to hear back from some of my old friends!

|CoR| Vette

Re: AirCav checks in!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:14:18 PM »
AirCav, it's great to hear from you!  Congrats on your upcoming engagement.  :)

Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother-in-arms.  It's never easy to lose friends.  The best advice I can give you about church is to realize that Christianity isn't about a set of rules, it's about a relationship with Jesus.  Once you realize that, finding a church becomes somewhat easier-look for one that preaches and teaches about Jesus.  Make sure He is the center of everything that they do.  If you listen to a sermon and not hear anything about Jesus, you're not in the right place.  As for you being a soldier and participating in missions that will result in the deaths of others, I would suggest that you read these:  http://www.gotquestions.org/you-shall-not-murder.html and http://www.gotquestions.org/military-Christian.html

Until you find a church, I'd suggest checking out the online sermons at Mars Hill Church:  http://marshill.com/pages/jesus 

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought! My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

Hong Kong Phooey

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 07:53:50 PM »
AirCav you little hacker, how you doing!!! *big smile*  (have to do that, smiley's aren't working).

Air Force huh?  Well, seems like I didn't mentor you as much as I thought! (you didn't go Army - hehe)

I can't even begin to say how good it is to hear from you! :-D

I've wondered a lot about the 'kids' we had in cTs and where they were now.  Some of the younger members may have wondered if us 'old farts' really cared about how they are doing (or in my case, 'ancient old farts').  Believe me buddy, we did, and we still do. ;-)

I'm proud of you buddy!  I know you had some difficult times when you were younger (we all do) and to see how you have overcome that and taken such large steps.... well, gets me all choked up inside.

Keep us posted on how things are going - you know how us old people love to hear from you young whipper-snappers! >:-)

Proud of you AirCav!
Tonight I want to bite the heads off small kittens
I only pick on HKP because he's a dork.

|CoR| Cool_Hand_Luke

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 08:15:28 PM »
AirCav, great to hear from you buddy. 

I pray the Lord will bless you , protect you , and guide you into being a Godly man sold out for Jesus.
Grace & Peace,

Pastor Dade Ronan
|CoR| Pres-Cool_Hand_Luke
Acts 2:38
http://daderonan.com

AirCav

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 09:34:25 PM »
@Jen: Thank you! I'm quite excited. Hope she says yes! I appreciate the resources, when I get off work tomorrow I'll check them out! How's Josh doing? He must be getting old by now! How have you been? Do you have a Corvette yet?!

@Ken: It's great to hear from you as well! It was quite some time ago I first came to this community... jeez, maybe back in 2003 I think? I would've been 13! -I- can't even remember back that far haha. I still remember when you snuck into the Texas LAN and I was just confused as could be. I still have the lanyard that everyone got at that LAN, I keep it back in Texas in my box of memories. I believe I also have the CD of CounterStrike you sent me as well! Good times :)

@Luke: Great to hear from you as well! I appreciate your prayers in my journey to find my faith again. Congrats on keeping the community thriving even after all these years its been :)

On a side note, has anyone heard from Adam? I forget his username, but he made me the pizzas with M&Ms and stuff on them when I was in a particularly rough spot years ago. I still often think about that, and how one person who doesn't even know me cares enough to put effort into something to cheer me up. It was a very humbling experience, and I could never thank him enough for the part he played in my life during that time.
Also, Josiah I think his name was? The man who had cancer. I remember reading his posts and being so encouraged to do something with your life, because you only live once. He was a strong reminder to me that even in times of adversity, light can and will shine through.

Hong Kong Phooey

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 10:24:53 PM »
I remember sneaking up to the Lan! 

For those of you that weren't there....

I wasn't expecting to go and go the chance at the last minute.  I got there late (around noon I think) and the doors were already locked (security because we had so many kids entrusted to us).

Anyway.. I knock on the door and this kid about 13-14 answers.  We had never seen each other before, but I looked down at his name tag and said 'AirCav?!?'

His reply.. 'Phooey?!'

Yeah.... I was floored that this young man I had never met knew me from my voice (I assume that was it anyway).

Good times.

|CoR| Vette

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 10:27:03 PM »
@Jen: Thank you! I'm quite excited. Hope she says yes! I appreciate the resources, when I get off work tomorrow I'll check them out! How's Josh doing? He must be getting old by now! How have you been? Do you have a Corvette yet?!

Josh is doing great, he's almost 15 now, if you can believe that.  (I'm getting old, lol.)  He's taller than me.  I've been doing great.  And yes, I do:  http://corclan.org/index.php?topic=19051.msg218036#msg218036  :D
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought! My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

Hong Kong Phooey

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 06:51:31 AM »
Yeah, Vette is getting old!

Want to know how old?  This old....

She let me take her Corvette on a 3 day trip from Pass Christian, MS. to Hot Springs, AR - and back of course.   O_o

I was so worried about something happening I drove 30 mph in the rain, and never 'let her loose'.

True Story.

On a side note.....  If any of you ever want to know what leather tastes like when ingested in reverse, take a ride with Corvette on the back roads of MS.

Reminded me of 'The Hulk' roller coaster at Islands of Adventure.  0-60 in negative 2.3 seconds.

*big grin*

|CoR| Vette

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 04:24:24 PM »
Lol, you needed a car to drive, and I had one.  That's what friends are for.  Besides, it has full-coverage insurance.  :P

|CoR| Legolas

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 11:15:29 AM »
Freakin' Hacker.
|CoR| Legolas*GI*     
*STAR* and *PiG* Official Member.

**Eleet computer builder club - 7 Fan Wonder**

Parents need to cowboy up.

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

|CoR| Cool_Hand_Luke

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 05:25:10 PM »
I totally agree....................

Vette is getting old.
Grace & Peace,

Pastor Dade Ronan
|CoR| Pres-Cool_Hand_Luke
Acts 2:38
http://daderonan.com

|CoR| PërféçtF£åw²·°

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 03:21:45 PM »
Hey dood!!! good to hear you're wanting to turn around!

It is true some of these people around us are... well... ending their shelf life..   

>: D

|CoR|»£òçKÐóωN²²²²*«

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/ut3/
DOWNLOAD THE UT2007/3 BETA DEMO.

|CoR| Crutch

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 08:24:35 PM »

Nuff Said.

|CoR| Legolas

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 08:39:07 PM »
CRUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|CoR| Legolas*GI*     
*STAR* and *PiG* Official Member.

**Eleet computer builder club - 7 Fan Wonder**

Parents need to cowboy up.

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

|CoR| Crutch

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 11:05:24 PM »
CRUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got to see an updated photo of you man. Do you still have awesome hair or have you joined the ranks of us old guys and shaved it all off?

AirCav

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 04:52:56 PM »
Big old bump. 2012, wow!

Just checking in again.

The engagement in the first post never happened. We broke up. No big deal. Quick synopsis of my life since then:

2013: deployed to the Middle East
Late 2013, back home: met the woman of my dreams
2014: married said woman, got orders to move to Alaska
2015: my daughter was born (the day before my birthday!), am now a Staff Sergeant in the Air Force
2016: 1 year olds are hilarious
2017: my son is born
2017: 2 year olds are terrorists
Next year: moving back to Oklahoma, my orders here were for 4 years and I'm about 3 years in so far
Early next year: I will finish my degree in Information Technology.

Still very happy to see cor is still around. Hope some of you will check in!