News:

We have a new forums theme. This theme is mobile responsive and SEO compliant. The last one was not.
|CoR| Staff

Poll

Would you be interested in joining an Xbox live subteam?

Yes
No
Maybe

|CoR| Wolfpack

Re: Xbox Live Sub-team
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2009, 04:07:03 PM »
Which consoles and games are you allowed to have your own server?  any game that can be played on xbox live has a server option

Who provides console game servers? I have not been able to find anyone who provides dedicated xbox servers I don't think Microsoft makes the software for them but I have contacted Microsoft to see

Why would players get upset if you are doing evangelism on servers owned by the game company?  Don't game companies expect players to recruit other players into their own clan in order to help grow the community? players might get upset for ppl doing evangelism in their servers because the games are hosted on an individuals xbox not on a game companies servers

Is there an active community that supports those particular games? console gamers tend to be more emphatic about their games than even pc gamers are

What is the probability of console players visiting the forums and getting plugged in with the rest of |CoR|? it depends on what we offer on the forums if there is a tips and hints section, and a few other things then sure I can see people coming to the forums.

Are there ways to filter bad language and in game chat through some kind of admin functions? most games the only way to turn off bad language in game is on the console itself and for chat there is not a way that I am aware of

Just some questions that need to be addressed when considering expanding into console games.  I personally do not play console games and quite frankly never will as I do not like using a game pad and I think they are too slow for my flavor, but I would be in favor of it if we can work out the details and if the Lord is leading us in that direction.

God doesn't call the qualified he qualifies the called.
oh ya, well I did it in 4 secs, and I was prone, in the snow, uphill both ways, and used only my knife, so there...lol

blckspdr

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2009, 04:09:35 PM »
I'd be all over a console or Xbox Live team. Teach you youngsters some new tricks.

SWEET :D please vote and post your gamertag to in the sticky in the console gaming forum :)

|CoR| Vette

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2009, 04:36:19 PM »
Question to all the XBL members:

How many friends do you have on your friends list that you do not know in real life or through CoR (meaning someone you have met strictly through Xbox Live) that you have spent enough time talking with to feel like you "know" them?
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought! My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

shadowbrian22

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2009, 06:51:24 PM »
ok, i got tired of reading through all this so heres my input. how about we all just get each others Xbox Live gamer tags on our friends list and then just play games with each other as we see fit. make up rules and other things as necessary. and when you meet people who u enjoy playing with, tell them about CoR and see if theyd like to join. wouldnt be too hard just playing with a few close friends (100 or so). It could be a good idea to have a section for Xbox Live area on COR but honestly, u cant do a whole lot as of right now.

|CoR| Holy_Retribution

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2009, 07:59:28 AM »
Question to all the XBL members:

How many friends do you have on your friends list that you do not know in real life or through CoR (meaning someone you have met strictly through Xbox Live) that you have spent enough time talking with to feel like you "know" them?
About 20 of them
**Oath of Blood: Minister of Ownage.**

|CoR| Vette

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2009, 09:24:56 AM »
Not including members of your old clan?
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought! My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

|CoR| Holy_Retribution

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2009, 10:23:12 AM »
Not including members of your old clan?
Yes not including them but including some of them for i would always recrute my better friends Now i havnt persanoly talked to them in years But my brother who still plays XBL does and now and then when i talk to him he clues me and them in. Now how many of them would be into CoR maybe 3 or 4 is all.  Now my Old XBL clan had a forum page/web site we had manatory weekly meetings/ Playing with others when a clanie was on was not allowed we had to search out and play with one another always! We had to buy new acounts so we could have the tags in front of are names we had to get are Names approved by the clan it was strict military like! Before any clan battles we had to do at least to scrims right before. Thats what i expect out of a clan so to me CoR is realy laxed! I think we could minister to them but i also think starting a subteam right now is to early But allowing CoR members to wear CoR tags on XBL is not a bad idea and having a clan Named CoR for these Console games isnt bad either How many times Have people ask you/us what Does CoR mean Giving us an opertunity to witness the clans beliefes to them right?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 10:53:50 AM by |CoR| Holy_Retribution »

blckspdr

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2009, 10:56:49 AM »
also i have been doing some research and one of the big things that clans on XBL do is they all have the same gamerpic... for example everyone in CoR could have the City of Refuge pic... And just last night i was on Fable 2 and i got to know some people that were on offering my help to those that asked and asking for help when i needed it... i didnt add anyone to my friends list, mainly cause i was too busy getting achievements to stick around for long but if i had taken the time to continue this i'm sure i would have, so i really dont think this is going to be the challenge that many seem to think it will be.

I will say tho that if we do not offer something other than forums they will have no reason to get involved... i wouldnt bother... there are hundreds of other forums with better gamers than what we have here... so what would make us different? i proposed this already and no one has answered me... if we just had forums what would make us different?

|CoR| Cool_Hand_Luke

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2009, 10:58:13 AM »
We had to buy new acounts so we could have the tags in front of are names we had to get are Names approved by the clan it was strict military like!

How much does it cost to buy a new account cost?
Grace & Peace,

Pastor Dade Ronan
|CoR| Pres-Cool_Hand_Luke
Acts 2:38
http://daderonan.com

blckspdr

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2009, 11:00:41 AM »
We had to buy new acounts so we could have the tags in front of are names we had to get are Names approved by the clan it was strict military like!

50 bucks for 13 months at walmart

|CoR| Holy_Retribution

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2009, 11:11:13 AM »

We used to rent them from hollywood video and take out the free 3months cards :)  lol   

spdr are love of christ makes us differant :)   you are right the would come get bored and go........ I Gota fix my new Trooper so no XBL for me this month anyway   but next month God willing ill have it again :)   hope you are ready to get Retributed
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 11:15:10 AM by |CoR| Holy_Retribution »

blckspdr

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2009, 11:14:26 AM »

We used to rent them from hollywood video and take out the free 3months cards :)  lol   
tsk tsk tsk :ban:

|CoR| Cool_Hand_Luke

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2009, 11:34:23 AM »

WOW, that would be like saying if you want to join our clan and have our clan tag on it will cost you $50 bucks a year.  Technically, since we would not have our own servers to maintain, compared to other members in the other teams who donate to help support our servers, it comes out about the same.  So we would not be asking anything different than what we ask of our other members.  Although donations are voluntary, to require XBL players to make that purchase puts a financial obligation on those wanting to join as members of |CoR| and other team members would not have that finacial obligation.  I think that if we make a financial commitment a requirement, it needs to be the same for everybody, and as of yet I am not in favor of mandatory membership fees for all members.
Grace & Peace,

Pastor Dade Ronan
|CoR| Pres-Cool_Hand_Luke
Acts 2:38
http://daderonan.com

blckspdr

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2009, 11:42:14 AM »

WOW, that would be like saying if you want to join our clan and have our clan tag on it will cost you $50 bucks a year.  Technically, since we would not have our own servers to maintain, compared to other members in the other teams who donate to help support our servers, it comes out about the same.  So we would not be asking anything different than what we ask of our other members.  Although donations are voluntary, to require XBL players to make that purchase puts a financial obligation on those wanting to join as members of |CoR| and other team members would not have that finacial obligation.  I think that if we make a financial commitment a requirement, it needs to be the same for everybody, and as of yet I am not in favor of mandatory membership fees for all members.

Well it isn't quite like that...

First of all we arent going to recuruit anyone that doesnt already have XBL or isnt planning on getting XBL... i mean why would they join if they werent already on or planning on getting it?
Second of all you can change your gamertag whenever... it cost microsoft points but you can also change it for free when you renew your acct. and some people opt for only buying the one month or three month card... like for me for example... i have 3 seperate 1 month free xbl cards alot of people do that, get free months here and there and could switch out their gametag then... which would be fine because we make people wear RP tags for a moth as it is... so my thought was to help with the changing of gamertags... we could have everyone use the same gamer pic... which is free to change...

shadowbrian22

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2009, 11:52:13 AM »
Thats actually just the fee to play XBL. You can now easily change your name with the personal settings thing. Besides, if we do this, what have we got to lose? a little bit of time? oh well, im willing to put some time into an experiment that may or may not fail, and i know blckspdr definitely is! It could be really fun! We would probably start out with one ore two games and slowly add more games to the list. If we play halo and enough people see our tag, im sure they will start asking questions. Or we could even lightly hint at what we do and that may intrigue someone! So, im more than willing to do this!

shadowbrian22

« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2009, 10:57:47 AM »
Oh come on guys, dont let this forum die! The easiest game to work with would be halo. We could all have the same emblem and just join each other in game and even do a massive 8v8 game. This is a good idea, there really isnt any bad ideas that i see for at least attempting it.

VOTE YES!!! (please)

blckspdr

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2009, 10:59:07 AM »
Oh come on guys, dont let this forum die! The easiest game to work with would be halo. We could all have the same emblem and just join each other in game and even do a massive 8v8 game. This is a good idea, there really isnt any bad ideas that i see for at least attempting it.

VOTE YES!!! (please)

vouch

|CoR| Holy_Retribution

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2009, 01:02:27 PM »
Im about a week or two from getting my 360 where i expect to own some other CoR members in Halo!!!!!

djmack

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2009, 01:01:31 PM »
You can stop bad language easily... mute the player.  You can control you have in the server as well... as long as it is a Player match where people can join while a match is in progress. In a ranked match.. well as I said mute them because you have no control over them. Quitting matches you host on ranked is seen as immature and will make people downright angry at you.. because it quits the game for everyone on your server.  Chatting has become much easier with the NXL. You can now just invite everyone you want into a "party chat" where multiple people can go in and talk to each other pre-game post-game... or no game.