News:

We have a new forums theme. This theme is mobile responsive and SEO compliant. The last one was not.
|CoR| Staff

|CoR| Cool_Hand_Luke

Grace & Peace,

Pastor Dade Ronan
|CoR| Pres-Cool_Hand_Luke
Acts 2:38
http://daderonan.com

|CoR| fishBurger

New Steam Source Game: Red Orchestra
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 10:44:37 PM »
looks really sweet, my only concerns are some laser-ish looking fire, and having to pay for it :P
It is a state of mind born of bold will, intellect, initiative, and ruthless opportunism.

|CoR| Smiley

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 11:28:59 PM »
I'm intrigued, I'm not sure I'm $24.95 (per copy) intrigued but ... I am interested. I haven't seen any prices (or whether there will be any for the Pacific-based game).
Have you punted a gnome today?
-----------------------------------------------

|CoR| feral_wabbit

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 01:08:41 AM »
Technically its not a Source game, its Powered by Unreal, plus it is ultra realistic, even more so than DoD. There are absolutely no crosshairs and a minimilist hud. If you have UT2004 pick up the mod that will give you an idea of what it will be like.
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Saints Row: The Third
Saints Row IV

|CoR| Xphile

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 04:19:37 AM »
Some interresting tidbits I found:

Q: Will there be weapon bob?
A: Yes the Weapon sways in all Directions while walking, AND the Weapon shoots excatly where its barrel points, no random Cone but real calculations. The Weapon also begins to sway when one is using Ironsights for a longer time, though it sways a lot less then while walking.

Q: How does damage on vehicles work ?
A: Damage is calculated in a most realistic Way, the Bullet Calibre, Speed, Impact Angle and Armor Thickness are taken into Account, furthermore the Tank has realistic To-Hit Zones, so Engine, Ammo etc. are all in the same spots where they were in the historic Tanks. It is a well known (and historically accurate Tactic) to turn your own Tank 20° to provide better protection for the Crew. One should also keep in mind, that in general the sides are lighter armored then the frontal Armor, and the Rear is the Weakest.

Sounds good. :)
Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/f9OzdnS

|CoR| Agape

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 10:13:46 AM »
I pre-loaded but no cash right now for me to buy it with. I had wanted to get UT2004 just so I could download and play the mod, but it looks like I'll just focus my monies on the retail version.
*Registered Vaderian*

|CoR| Smiley

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 11:44:01 AM »
I was looking for computer requirements .. anyone see them on that web site?

|CoR| MusicMan

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 12:07:27 PM »
I was curious about system requirements also.  I read where people were running it with a ati 9800 pro video card with no problems, but that is all I found.

|CoR| Xphile

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 02:37:35 PM »
Quote from: "|CoR| Smiley"
I was looking for computer requirements .. anyone see them on that web site?

Q: What are the System requirements for the Client ?
A: The Minimum to play is 1.3 ghz CPU, 512 MB RAM and 64 MB DX9 compatible card.

Q: How much space is required on my hard disk ?
A: The Game itself will take up anywhere between 1 and 2 GB of Hardrive Space.
Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/f9OzdnS

|CoR| Smiley

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 04:18:25 PM »
Thank you sir! You are a gentleman and probably sometimes wear a collar :D
I took the plunge and purchased it ... with their special, it was $22.45.

|CoR| feral_wabbit

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 10:26:05 PM »
I'll buy it if we get a server going for it, cause I like playing with everyone hear and its not too bad a game with real people.
Saints Row IV

|CoR| Eärendil

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 11:30:08 PM »
Man, those Nagants look so cool. Not sure if I'll be able to run it though...
1 Corinthians 15:54 - "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in VICTORY."

|CoR| Gamil

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 11:57:47 PM »
I am a big fan of the Unreal tournament series. I haven't tried the mod for UT2004 yet, but now that it has been brought to my attention, i'll give it a try.

Playstation Network ID: Gamil
SWTOR: Server: Shadow Hand Character: Gamil

|CoR| feral_wabbit

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 02:38:07 PM »
For those who are complaining about the price take a look at the price for a liscence for the Unreal Engine at http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html/licensing/terms.shtml and then take into the fact that they need to make a living and the cost isn't so bad for an excellent game (in terms of quality, not preference). Besides game prices have not gone up much in the past two decades especially if you take into account for inflation and the cost for producing a game has increased exponentially. Just so you know. Also since I am going to be making a living producing these games.... :)

EDIT: Just so I dont come of sounding rude I am just trying to put these things in perspective not offend anyone.
Saints Row IV

|CoR| Smiley

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 02:55:10 PM »
Quote from: "feral_wabbit"
For those who are complaining about the price take a look at the price for a liscence for the Unreal Engine at http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html/licensing/terms.shtml and then take into the fact that they need to make a living and the cost isn't so bad for an excellent game (in terms of quality, not preference). Besides game prices have not gone up much in the past two decades especially if you take into account for inflation and the cost for producing a game has increased exponentially. Just so you know. Also since I am going to be making a living producing these games.... :)

EDIT: Just so I dont come of sounding rude I am just trying to put these things in perspective not offend anyone.

I have no complaint with a company recouping expenses or making a profit for that matter. I was reflecting on the possibility of purchasing two copies (nearly $50) .... one for Froggy. Those couples who play together have to keep that in mind ... silly wabbit :D

|CoR| Agape

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 05:21:06 PM »
Quote from: "feral_wabbit"

Well, realize that usual retail releases involve lots of money to the publisher and in making the boxes and CDs and all that fun stuff. With Steam you can make huge returns since it's going directly from their server to the consumer without having to pay the drivers to get it to the store or to make it or anything like that.

But I have no monies right now. I'm hoping they release a demo.
*Registered Vaderian*

|CoR| Haplo

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 02:15:08 PM »
If you have Unreal 2004, is it a free add on?

Hap

|CoR| feral_wabbit

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 01:32:07 PM »
Yeah its a free mod, but I believe that the retail version will add lots of stuff to make it worth the purchase (I hope), I have heard that they will add a decent SP which would be nice.
Saints Row IV

|CoR| Strider

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2006, 10:30:36 PM »
After seeing the trailer I went ahead and bought it.  When you can interact with mobile weapons, it makes it all the more exciting and plausible.  However, I've found that I may need to update my machine.  It wants to run hot just playing CoD2 single player.

|CoR| Xphile

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2006, 11:42:40 PM »
Quote from: "|CoR| Strider"
However, I've found that I may need to update my machine.  It wants to run hot just playing CoD2 single player.

Going to get into water cooling, Strider? :)

|CoR| Smiley

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 08:24:29 PM »
They finally gave a release date:

... the formal announcement of the release date. Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 will be available for download via Steam from 11am Pacific time (2pm Eastern, 7pm GMT, 8pm Central European) on Tuesday 14th March.

from their web site:

http://www.redorchestragame.com/

from the valve site:

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Available via Steam on March 14
March 7, 2006, 2:18 pm · Chris Bokitch

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, the WWII online action game from Tripwire Interactive, will be available via Steam on March 14, 2006 at 11 am PST.

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=513[/quote]

{~12~} Zion

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2006, 06:45:22 PM »
Cautiously optimistic.
Adam Hairfield
Zion