News:

We have a new forums theme. This theme is mobile responsive and SEO compliant. The last one was not.
|CoR| Staff

|CoR| Hawkens

COD: Black Ops Tips?
« on: November 15, 2010, 02:43:27 PM »
*WARNING: Single Player Campaign has a good amount of swearing in it. I think too much for a game.

Now.....I like the game but how does anyone on a 360 even play this game and get good? I'm too use to PC shooters.
I'm like level 14 or 16 and getting my rear kicked all over the place. The Combat Training is looking more and more appealing.
Going from Halo to COD is a big change.

Anyone have any pointers secrets to getting better?
I've already raised my joystick sensitivity to 5. Was one higher but had to lower it one when not playing in a splitscreen.
Trying to learn the maps.

HiL

|CoR| audio

Re: COD: Black Ops Tips?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 03:11:21 AM »
i am not an expert but here are some things i have learned.  When i first started playing online i was getting my but kicked too.  I was running and gunning like i do in other games.  I learned that in cod i had to camp.  I had to not run and gun.  Also getting your class set ups is important.  For example for team death match i may use a galil with supresser and red dot site.  ghost perk warlord perk and i usually use my second chance perk.  I have different classes for different game types and situations. If you want to level up quickly always look at your challanges to see what you need to do to reeach the next level to get xp.  For game types i had most luck in games where i could defend or attack...like domination, demolition or ctf.|As far as sensitivity goes try different ones.  i usually play with it on very low because i need steadyness for long shots.  high sensitivity is good for up close battles when you need to react quickly. But probably the most important thing for me was to play lots so i could learn the maps.  hope that helps
audio
 :flag_canada:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:14:02 AM by |CoR| audio »

|CoR| El Dorko

Re: COD: Black Ops Tips?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 05:32:05 PM »
Whenever I play on Systems shooters, I set my sensitivity to 1-3, 1 on CoD, 3 on Halo, and I usually go 20-10ish, its not all about high sensitivty, if you find you are over reacting/over shooting, lower it, if you are under shooting, raise it, and ill play with it on 1-3 no matter what im doing, if im sniping or run and gunning.

"Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."