News:

We have a new forums theme. This theme is mobile responsive and SEO compliant. The last one was not.
|CoR| Staff

Adoh

Prayer Devotion - Jan 22
« on: January 22, 2011, 10:16:48 AM »

Adoration

A great multitude, which no one could number, from all nations and tribes and peoples and languages will stand before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes with palm branches in their hands, and will cry out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” (Revelation 7:9–10)

Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!
Peace in heaven and glory in the highest! (Luke 19:38)

Pause to express your thoughts of praise and worship.

Confession

The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
Keeping watch on the evil and the good. (Proverbs 15:3)

Ask the Spirit to search your heart and reveal any areas of unconfessed sin. Acknowledge these to the Lord and thank Him for His forgiveness.

Renewal

Like Abraham, may I call upon the name of the Lord, the Everlasting God. (Genesis 13:4; 21:33)

May I listen carefully to the voice of the Lord my God and do what is right in Your sight; may I pay attention to Your commandments and keep all Your statutes. (Exodus 15:26)

May I rejoice in my tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out into my heart through the Holy Spirit who was given to me. (Romans 5:3–5)

Pause to add your own prayers for personal renewal.

Petition

May Your merciful kindness be my comfort,
According to Your promise to Your servant. (Psalm 119:76)

Growth in Christ
    Greater desire to know and please Him
    Greater love and commitment to Him
    Grace to practice His presence
    Grace to glorify Him in my life
My activities for this day
Special concerns

Intercession

Is this not the fast You have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the cords of the yoke,
And to let the oppressed go free
And break every yoke?
Is it not to share our food with the hungry
And to provide the poor wanderer with shelter;
When we see the naked, to clothe him,
And not to turn away from our own flesh?
Then our light will break forth like the dawn,
And our healing will quickly appear,
And our righteousness will go before us;
The glory of the Lord will be our rear guard.
Then we will call, and the Lord will answer;
We will cry, and He will say, “Here I am.”
If we put away the yoke from our midst,
The pointing of the finger and malicious talk,
And if we extend our souls to the hungry
And satisfy the afflicted soul,
Then our light will rise in the darkness,
And our gloom will become like the noonday. (Isaiah 58:6–10)

Churches and Ministries
    My local church
    Other churches
    Evangelism and discipleship ministries
    Educational ministries
    Special concerns

Affirmation

By the will of God, I have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest stands daily ministering and offering again and again the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But when this Priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, He sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time for His enemies to be made a footstool for His feet. For by one offering, He has made perfect forever those who are being sanctified. (Hebrews 10:10–14)

Christ suffered for me, leaving me an example that I should follow in His steps. “He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth.” When He was reviled, He did not retaliate; when He suffered, He made no threats, but entrusted Himself to Him who judges righteously; and He himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that I might die to sins and live for righteousness; by His wounds I have been healed. For I was like a sheep going astray, but now I have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of my soul. (1 Peter 2:21–25)

Pause to reflect upon these biblical affirmations.

Thanksgiving

From Christ’s fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. (John 1:16–17)

Jesus is the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. (John 1:29)

Pause to offer your own expressions of thanksgiving.

Closing Prayer

The Lord will keep me from all evil;
He will preserve my soul.
The Lord will watch over my coming and going
From this time forth and forever. (Psalm 121:7–8)

Kenneth Boa, Handbook to Prayer : Praying Scripture Back to God (Atlanta: Trinity House, 1997).