News:

We have a new forums theme. This theme is mobile responsive and SEO compliant. The last one was not.
|CoR| Staff

Adoh

Prayer Devotion - Jan 25
« on: January 23, 2011, 04:39:28 PM »

Adoration

Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding.
Who determined its measurements?
Surely you know!
Or who stretched the line across it?
On what were its bases sunk,
Or who laid its cornerstone,
When the morning stars sang together
And all the sons of God shouted for joy? (Job 38:4–7)

You revealed Yourself to Moses as “I AM WHO I AM.” (Exodus 3:14)

Pause to express your thoughts of praise and worship.

Confession

You have been just in all that has happened to me; You have acted faithfully, while I did wrong. (Nehemiah 9:33)

Ask the Spirit to search your heart and reveal any areas of unconfessed sin. Acknowledge these to the Lord and thank Him for His forgiveness.

Renewal

If I abide in You, and Your words abide in me, I can ask whatever I wish, and it will be done for me. As I ask in Your name, I will receive, that my joy may be full. (John 15:7, 16:24)

As I walk in the Spirit, I will not fulfill the desires of the flesh. For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh; for they oppose each other, so that I may not do the things that I wish. But if I am led by the Spirit, I am not under the law. (Galatians 5:16–18)

Pause to add your own prayers for personal renewal.

Petition

May I be above reproach, temperate, sensible, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money, one who manages his own family well, and who keeps his children under control with proper respect. Grant me a good reputation with outsiders, so that I will not fall into disgrace and the snare of the devil. (1 Timothy 3:2–4, 7)

Relationships with Others
    Greater love and compassion for others
    Loved ones
    Those who do not know Christ
    Those in need
My activities for this day
Special concerns

Intercession

Knowing the fear of the Lord, may I seek to persuade men. (2 Corinthians 5:11)

Evangelism
    Friends
    Relatives
    Neighbors
    Coworkers
    Special opportunities

Affirmation

The Lord is righteous; He loves righteousness;
The upright will see His face. (Psalm 11:7)

Lord, who may dwell in Your tabernacle?
Who may live on Your holy mountain?
He who walks uprightly and works righteousness
And speaks the truth in his heart;
He does not slander with his tongue
Nor does evil to his neighbor
Nor takes up a reproach against his friend;
He despises the reprobate
But honors those who fear the Lord.
He keeps his oath even when it hurts,
Lends his money without interest,
And does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things will never be shaken. (Psalm 15:1–5)

Pause to reflect upon these biblical affirmations.

Thanksgiving

Lord, You completed the heavens and the earth in all their vast array. By the seventh day You finished the work which You had done, and rested on the seventh day from all Your creative work. (Genesis 2:1–2)

Lord God, You formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. (Genesis 2:7)

Pause to offer your own expressions of thanksgiving.

Closing Prayer

Who shall separate me from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written:
“For Your sake we face death all day long;
We are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
Yet in all these things I am more than a conqueror through Him who loved me. (Romans 8:35–37)

Kenneth Boa, Handbook to Prayer : Praying Scripture Back to God (Atlanta: Trinity House, 1997).