Gaming > Console Gaming Discussions

Resistance 3

(1/3) > >>

|CoR| Gamil:
Out now!!!

If you have a PS3, but never played resistance, I highly recommend this series. It is a FPS from the makers of the Ratchet and Clank series. They kicked the series off with a great frist title, Resistance: Fall of Man, following Nathan Hale as he fights the Chimera, and invading alien species.

For those who know the R&C series, you know that Insomniac does a great job of creating immersive environments, fun game play, and lots of creative weapons, and has a history of making games with lots of replay value. The Resistance series is no exception.

R:FoM distiguished itself by breaking away from what had become the accepted norms of shooters, and in some ways going backward (e.g. health packs instead of regenerating back to full heath by hiding, drab colors for the theme of survival). Sometimes it felt more like you were playing a documentary of an alternate history to WWII.

Many fans claimed that Resistance 2 was a dissapointment because it didn't hold tightly enough to the resistance themes and stuck gamers with a cliffhanger ending that left you feeling like all was lost. But R2 stands on its own as a great game. The biggest complaint was changing game play to conform to many of the shooter norms popularized by Halo and Call Of Duty. (only carry 2 weapons, bright colors, etc)

Restiance 3: Is a return to what made R:FoM distinguish itself from other shooters. Humanity is on the brink of extinction. You now play as Joseph Capelli, one of the soldiers in Nathan's unit in R2. Dr. Malikov returns with information on how they may be able to shut down the Chimeran warmachine on planet Earth. You travel across the country to New York City in order to bring down the core of the Chimeran assault.

Overall. it's been a great game so far, and a LOT of fun. The multiplayer is great too.

|CoR| ShootMe:
I'm wondering if I should get it... Not sure tho, tell me if its any good when it comes out ;)

|CoR| Gamil:
If you're familiar with the Ratchet and Clank series, this is made by the same company, Insomniac Games. It's a WWII based shooter in an alternate reality. It's actually been a great series so far, definitely a lot of replay value. The weapons are a lot of fun too. (They definitely took a page from Ratchet and Clank to make some creative weapons, but nothing goofy)

The Multiplayer Beta will fully open on August 29th, you should check it out.

|CoR| ShootMe:

--- Quote from: |CoR| Gamil on August 24, 2011, 05:14:14 PM ---If you're familiar with the Ratchet and Clank series, this is made by the same company, Insomniac Games. It's a WWII based shooter in an alternate reality. It's actually been a great series so far, definitely a lot of replay value. The weapons are a lot of fun too. (They definitely took a page from Ratchet and Clank to make some creative weapons, but nothing goofy)

The Multiplayer Beta will fully open on August 29th, you should check it out.

--- End quote ---
If its like the R&C Series... THEN I'M BUYING IT!

|CoR| Gamil:
haha, Good enthusiasm!!! Resistance is completely different from R&C. It's a serious WWII, where the enemies are aliens that are conquering the earth. The only real similarity is that they both have some very fun guns... I would recommend if you have a chance, rent the first two (Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2) unless you don't care about the plot... otherwise you'll be completely lost about what's going on. I think the only reason why it's not a bigger series that stuff like CoD:MW is because it's only for PS3, and it seems like only the 360 gets any real media love.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version