News:

We have a new forums theme. This theme is mobile responsive and SEO compliant. The last one was not.
|CoR| Staff

|CoR| Stinker

Admin Training {Old Idea reborn}.
« on: February 25, 2012, 12:58:39 PM »
If you are a CoR officer and you feel qualified to instruct others on the even the simplest of the admin commands, I have a request for you.  I would like you to choose an evening and a time that is best suited for you.  Post it here and then have your own training class for anyone wants attend.  Let’s try to spread them out, it doesn't need to be this week or even next, whenever you think you could spend some time to teach others what you know post here. If you could do a ½ hr same time each week that would be cool or maybe just once in a while.  Hopefully we’ll get quite a few different people on quite a few different evenings using Ventrilo to discuss and train on how to use your admin.  I think that would be awesome so please I don’t care if we have twenty classes, the more the merrier that way the people who need it can take the time that best suits them and they can show up to multiple training session.  I suggest you keep them short, try not to draw them out too long, and if anyone comes up with something neat or some quick tricks or anything else post them.
Also let us hear how the meetings go. Obviously we can’t all attend all the little meeting, so spread the good news and by all means HAVE FUN.  And that’s an order from your General.   We'll call em “mini meets”
Get use to being in Vent while playing so that other members can talk with you incognito to the game players.  The DoD and Admin training channels are there for you to use.  Please Do.  Always remember Vent is for CoR members only.  Never give out the password to non members.
Lets get everyone proficient  with admining and our server will be even a better place.

1st rule of admining be nice. 
2nd have fun and help everyone else to.
3rd when you have to eliminate trouble makers.
4th when in question between two admin rank rules.  This is not a democracy.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:02:51 PM by |CoR| Stinker »
My favorite 2nd Peter 1:3-10

|CoR| Deputy Dawg

Re: Admin Training {Old Idea reborn}.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 05:13:24 PM »
I definitely agree with this, and I would be more then happy to instruct new admins, I am available usually in the evenings of Friday nights, Saturday nights and Monday nights, around 8:00 pm PST, sometimes I am available earlier in the evening around 5:00-ish, those who wish to meet with me, send me a pm, and we will meet up in the admin training channel and work on some things.

|CoR| mrgolf

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 07:15:46 PM »
friday nights and saturdays when ever i can make it to the      "mini meets"     
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:35:59 AM by |CoR| mrgolf »
Kill me, go ahead. But revenge is sweet!!!

|CoR| Absolution

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 07:50:42 PM »
I'm not exactly an officer per-say, but I would be more than happy to help with this. I have extensive knowledge of the amx system and the rcon system as well as server building experience. I'm available pretty much every Wednesday early evening through late night, as well as Sunday evenings after 7pm CST. Please feel free to add me to a list of "trainers" if you see fit, and anyone who needs to contact me can do so through pm or email.

Also, if server maintenance help is needed, I would be happy to assist with that. Please feel free to ask.

God bless,
Absolution (Ryan)

"For the wages of Sin is death, but the gift of God is life everlasting through His Son Jesus Christ our Lord."
-Romans 6:23

|CoR| Oy

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 01:37:49 PM »
Not sure as to when, but if you need help, PM me and we'll set something up!

Oy

|CoR| hocus

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 11:18:02 AM »
Help!!!!! Can't seem to get my name setup?????????????????   hocus (Stan). Is there other commands that I need?

|CoR| Blackhawk

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 05:59:17 PM »
I need to re-learn my stuff. I have forgotten much and have lost my admin commands. Just gotta talk someone else into letting me play... my significant other...

:flag_usa:
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth me in the paths of righteousness for his names sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord fore ever." Psalm 23

|CoR| Vette

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 07:08:35 PM »
Help!!!!! Can't seem to get my name setup?????????????????   hocus (Stan). Is there other commands that I need?

You don't have admin because your name doesn't have the space after the |CoR| tag.  Put the space in there and it will work.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought! My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

|CoR| Absolution

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 01:45:40 PM »
Lol... I appreciate the sentiment, but I'd be happy to teach anyone that needs help even if I were an RP. If it's permitted by the higher-ups, feel free to PM with any needs or questions and I'll help to the best of my ability.

@Hocus Your name should be fixed now, let me know if it didnt help.

God Bless,
Absolution (Ryan)

"For the wages of Sin is death, but the gift of God is life everlasting through His Son Jesus Christ our Lord."
-Romans 6:23