News:

We have a new forums theme. This theme is mobile responsive and SEO compliant. The last one was not.
|CoR| Staff

Ricey

Practice Night for Source
« on: August 08, 2012, 07:23:04 PM »
Hey everyone, I just want to make a suggestion that we get a practice night going on source.

We should find a day and time that work for most people that will play.

Currently weekdays wouldn't work for me as I work second shift but Saturdays and Sunday are good for me.

|CoR| Judah

Re: Practice Night for Source
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 11:14:49 AM »
Ricey, although I think this is a great idea, I'm afraid that it might not ever happen...there isn't THAT much interest in source, and I believe the only way that there would be, would be an official switch from 1.6 to Source (not fair for those who play 1.6 on older hardware, or those that don't like source).

That said, I would be down for it, and willing to pitch in any way I can if this is ever considered by higher ups!

Ricey

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 04:30:07 PM »
Yeah I've been sending messages out to people when I'm jumping on Source but playing on a server by myself for an hour isn't what I would consider fun. I'm just going to ditch all efforts to trying to get something going for Source as everyone who had their interested when I send a message they either want to continue to play 1.6 or just ignore me.

I really hope CS:GO changes things.

|CoR| Vette

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 10:03:49 PM »
Maybe you could just play 1.3 with everyone else?
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought! My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

Ricey

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 10:29:12 PM »
The thing is I HATE 1.3, I enjoyed the fellowship of the game but I never like the game play. You move so slow and the weapon balance is insanely in the germans favor.

|CoR| Vette

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 10:31:48 PM »
Lol I hate DOD period, I'd much rather be playing CS, but I play DOD because that's what everyone else plays.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought! My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

|CoR| Judah

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 11:50:14 AM »
So what you're saying is we need something else...something like...

COUNTER DEFEAT: SOURCE???!?!?!!!

DAY OF STRIKE: SOURCE???!!!

Spirit - we'll wait while you code that. K thanks. :D

|CoR| Vette

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 12:34:10 PM »
Lol if I could just have the guns from CS in DOD, I'd be fine.  Oh, and while you're at it, code me up some teammates that actually cap flags.  Kthx.

Ricey

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 05:22:58 PM »
I'm with you on that Vette, so I can safely assume that I'll be seeing you a lot on CS:GO in the near future?

|CoR| Vette

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 05:49:25 PM »
At this point, 1.6 > CSGO.  But yeah, it'll probably just be like DOD...I'll hate it, but I'll play it anyway.

|CoR| Judah

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 08:39:19 PM »
Lol, I would be fine with some different weapons in DoD. Just for fun...

Australia's Charlton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Automatic_Rifle)
M1941 Johnson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1941_Johnson_machine_gun)
France's MAS-36 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAS-36)

I think bobs idea of a flamethrower to remove sewer rats in malt wasn't a bad one :)

Dr. Wiggy

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 10:23:01 PM »
I would play 1.3 with y'all, but my Mac doesn't support it.

Source only yo.

God Bless,
Doc
Chain of Command: God. Duty. Honor. Country. The honorable freak of nature; Dr. Wiggy presiding.

1 Peter 2:17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
(KJV)

*GI*'s Most Ruthless Forum Admin 2010
*GI*'s Most quotable Forum Admin 2010

|CoR| Judah

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 02:30:59 AM »
I would play 1.3 with y'all, but my Mac doesn't support it.

Source only yo.

God Bless,
Doc

Boot camp? It's what I do, and it doesn't take too long to restart each time...

Dr. Wiggy

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 06:26:15 AM »
Ummmmm......

Huh?

lol

God Bless,
Doc
Chain of Command: God. Duty. Honor. Country. The honorable freak of nature; Dr. Wiggy presiding.

1 Peter 2:17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
(KJV)

*GI*'s Most Ruthless Forum Admin 2010
*GI*'s Most quotable Forum Admin 2010

|CoR| Judah

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 03:10:11 PM »
You know, installing windows on your Mac via the included boot camp tool? If you have a windows install DVD it's a pretty simple process - start up bootcamp, let it partition your hard-drive automagically and then restart to install windows as you would a normal computer.